Ambient Fine Dust Sampler PEM-ADS 2.5/10µ
Ambient Fine Dust Sampler (ADS) now comes with a USB based data transfer interface and a revised PC based application program for data presentation and management.
- Sample particulates of size 2.5 microns and below.
- Enjoy ease of use with simple operating features.
- Retrieve sample data to pen drive on the field.
- Utilize available versatile PC software for data.
- Retrieval, presentation and management at your desk.
Available Model : PEM-ADS 2.5/10µ
Ambient Fine Dust Sampler is an advanced sampler which is used for determining the concentration in atmosphere of particulate matter of size 2.5 microns and smaller.
The sampler complies with EPA reference method for determination of PM2.5. A WINS Impactor with 2.5 microns cut stage, in tandem with an improved sampling inlet and PM10 size separator is utilized for PM2.5 sampling. When used without the WINS Impactor (2.5 microns cut stage), the instrument becomes a standard reference method instrument for PM10 sampling.
In combination with our gaseous sampling add-on, the instrument can also be used to measure the concentration of gaseous pollutants in the atmosphere.
Polltech is a pioneer in design and manufacture of ADS in India having introduced this product in 2005 when 2.5 PM monitoring was still not made statutory by Ministry of Environment and Forests.
Salient Features :
- Complies with US EPA PM2.5 Reference Method
- Approved method for PM10 Sampling without WINS impactor
- Improved PM10 Louvered Sampling Inlet as per latest EPA design
- Electronic Flow Regulation to 2% Accuracy.
- Easy user interaction using LCD display and keypad
- Microcontroller Based Technology
- Programmable Real Time Clock and Timer
- Data Logging of multiple sample runs.
- Each sampling run upto 24 hours with flow data acquisition every 5 minute.
- Data Transfer to PC and/or USB pen drive.
- Windows compatible PC software for retrieving, viewing, processing and reporting of multiple sample data runs.
- Sturdy Construction for Outdoor Use
- Easy Set-Up and Operation
- Total Suspended Particulate Sampling Options
- Add ons for gaseous sampling.
Common Applications :
- Routine Monitoring by air monitoring networks
- Compliance Monitoring of ambient air in industrial areas
- Investigative Air Monitoring for pollution surges
- Roadside Monitoring in urban areas
- Open Spaces like forests and national parks air monitoring.
- Data reporting for monthly and yearly averages by local area air quality networks.
- Perimeter monitoring by industries like Chemical, Fertilizers, Petrochemical etc
- Monitoring Stations by industries for ISO Compliance
- Construction and mining sites
- Waste Disposal sites.
- Third Party Assessments like Impact Analysis Evaluations, Factory Act Compliance, Environment Impact Assessments and ISO 14001,18001 Audit Compliances
- Use in educational institutes for demonstrations and practical usages.
- Various Research studies in environmental, health and science areas.
Physical Design Highlights :
PEM ADS 2.5/10 comprises an improved louvered PM10 sampling Inlet, a PM-10 size separator, a WINS impactor, a filter holder for 47mm dia. filter, a flow measurement system, a proportioning valve for flow control, a sampling pump, sensors (for measurement of ambient pressure and temperature) and an electronic control module (ECM). All these assemblies along are housed in an enclosure suitable for outdoor environment.
The Sampling pump can be optionally located in a separate housing.
The air flow is measured by measuring the differential pressure across an orifice plate installed in the sampling line. The pressure at the inlet of the orifice and differential pressure across it is measured with Solid State pressure sensors.
The ECM is a microprocessor-based electronic unit which carries out multiple functions of monitoring, control, regulation, timing, computation and Operator Machine Interface.
Technical Specifications :
|Sampling Inlet||Improved Louvered Inlet with PM10 size separator and sample transport tube|
|PM 2.5 Size Separator||EPA PM2.5 WINS Impactor|
|Sampling Flow Rate||16.67 LPM|
|Sampling Pump||A low noise diaphragm type non-pulsating pump with brushless AC motor|
|Filter Holder||Suitable for the below mentioned filter media|
|Filter Media||47mm dia. PTFE, Nylon, Glass Fiber and Quartz Fiber filters,|
|Enclosure||Powder coated metallic housing suitable for outdoor use
Over all Height: 1.75mtrs ( from ground to top of Sampling inlet) with a Tripod stand
|Power||230 V AC ± 10%, 50 Hz.( 110 V, 60 Hz Optional )|
Microprocessor based Electronic Control Module Specifications
|Display||20 Characters X 4 lines LCD Module|
|Displayed Parameters||Sample No., Flow Rate, Time of Sampling , Total Volume of Sampling, Barometric Pressure, Ambient Temperature, Filter Temperature(Other Parameters on demand)|
|Flow Measurement methodology||Measurement of inlet & differential pressure across an orifice with pressure sensors|
|Flow measurement updation||Every 5 seconds|
|Flow Measurement accuracy||± 2% of reading|
|Flow Setting Range||16.67 LPM ±20%|
|Flow Control Mode||Automatic - closed loop feedback control|
|Flow Control accuracy||Better than +/- 3% over 24 hours @ 16.67 LPM|
|Flow Computations||Flow corrected for actual operating condition, 5 minute Flow average, Coefficient of variance (CV)|
|Parameters Reported & displayed||5 minute Flow Average, Coefficient of variance (CV) of Flow|
|Totalizing||Time of occurrence and duration of Flow Out of Specs Event|
|Range & Resolution||Computation of cumulative sampled volume from the measured flow rate
0.01 to 99.99 M3 and 0.01 M3
|Update period||5 Seconds|
|Barometric Pressure Measurement|
|Measurement and Display Range||600 to 800 mm Hg with a resolution of 1 mmHg|
|Values Recorded and Displayed||Average, Minimum and Maximum values of Ambient Pressure|
|Ambient Temperature Measurement|
|Measurement and Display Range||0oC to 50oC with a resolution of 0.1 oC|
|Values Recorded and Displayed||Average, Minimum and Maximum values of Ambient Temperature|
|Filter Temperature Measurement & Control|
|Measurement and Display Range||0oC to 50oC with a resolution of 0.1 oC|
|Values Recorded and Displayed||Differential between Filter Temperature and Ambient Temperature exceeding 2oC|
|Control Element||Filter cooling fan|
|Parameters Recorded and Displayed||Average, Minimum and Maximum values of Filter Temperature, Time of occurrence and duration of Differential Temperature exceeding 5 oC|
|System Leak Test|
|Leak Rate||< 80 cc per minute carried out for Internal and External leak with leak test adaptor|
|Parameters Reported||Observed Leak rate value for Internal and External Leak test|
|Electronic Timer and Time Totalizer|
|Start / Stop Timing||Automatic Start / Stop of sampling with manual mode or Programmable Real Time Clock mode.|
|Time Totalization||Electronic Timer / Time Totalizer of 24 hours|
|Clock Timing Accuracy||+/- 2 minutes / month|
|Data Storage, Transfer, Reporting and Presentation|
|Data transfer ports||2 USB Ports ( Host & Device ) for Data transfer to PC & Pen Drive|
|PC Software||Retrieves and stores data sample wise. Enables viewing and printing of data|
|Size||420 x 380 x 930 mm|
|Weight||Without gaseous sampling add-on: 24 Kg
With gaseous sampling add-on: 28 Kg
Accuracy Specifications Summary
|Flow Measurement Accuracy||± 2% of reading|
|Accuracy of Flow Control||Better than +/- 3% over 24 hours @ 16.67 LPM|
|Programmable Real Time Clock / Timer Accuracy||+/- 2 minutes / month|
|Leak Rate||< 80 cc per minute|
|Temperature||5 to 50oC|
|Relative Humidity||Upto 95% non condensing|
|Low Flow SPM Inlet||Model PEM-ALSPM-X||Retrofit add-on for replacing PM10 inlet to enable SPM sampling|
|Standard Ambient Gaseous Sampling Equipment *||PEM-ASCIB 1-X||Add-on for sampling of upto 4 gaseous pollutants.|
|Thermo-electric Cooled Ambient Gaseous Sampling Equipment *||PEM-TECIB 1-X||Add-on for gaseous pollutant sampling with thermo-electric cooling.|
Silicone oil for WINS impactor, Filters of various media, Filter Carrier with Filter Cassette , Carry bag.
Related Products :
- High Volume Air Sampler
- High Volume PM10 Sampler
- Low Flow PM10 Sampler Model PEM-LFAS10/2.5