Dust Fall Jar
Measure coarse dust concentrations with basic equipment
The undesirable effects of air pollution on man and the environment have given rise to an increasing degree of interest and concern on the part of the government, industry and the common citizen. For a widespread awareness, monitoring and control of dust pollutions, there needs to be a cost effective and easy way to measure dust concentrations at potentially high concentration areas as well as residential areas. Sedimentation is one of the simplest techniques for collection of coarse particulate matter.
A dust fall jar is an open container used to collect large particles from the air for measurement and analysis and uses sedimentation technique. It measures the commonest pollutant dust, which is coarse enough to settle down fairly rapidly.
Dust Fall Jar is an extremely basic and rugged equipment that is used for collection of coarse common dust and allows further determination of concentration using scientific methodology and analysis.
Available Model : PEM - DFJ1
- Investigative Air Monitoring for dust exceedance complaints
- Monitoring in urban areas
- Open Spaces like forests and national park air monitoring.
- Ecologically sensitive monuments
- Short Time Surveys
- Mining Industry
- Waste Disposal and Burning sites
- Construction and Infrastructure Sites
- Data Collection and Reporting
Physical Design Highlights :
PEM–DFJ1 comprises a Collection Bowl, a 15-liter collection bottle, a funnel and the connecting tubes. The funnel is securely fitted on the mouth of the collecting bottle. The outlet nozzle of the collection bowl and the funnel are connected by HDPE tube to allow the dust falling in the bowl to get collected in the bottle. All these things are accommodated on a stand which is provided with a bird-guard to prevent the bird droppings being collected along with the dust.
The collection bowl is made of chemically-resistant high-density polyethylene (HDPE) that does not accumulate electrostatic charge on sampling surface thereby allowing only free fall settling dust particles getting collected. The collection bottle is made of a high quality plastics material i.e. PET with shoulders sloping at 45°. The stand and the bird-guard is constructed of mild steel and powder coated.
Salient Features :
- Extremely cost effective
- Can be deployed in large numbers
- Easy to move
- Rugged and good for outdoor use
- Easy to assemble
- Unique serial number mark on collecting bowl for uniqueness
Technical Specifications :
|Collection Bowl & Funnel
|Conical shape made of chemically-resistant high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
|Made of PTE of 15 liters capacity
|Stand & Guard Ring
|Made of mild steel and powder coated
|600x 600 x 1440 mm
- High Volume Air Sampler Model : PEM–HVS-1, PEM–HVS-1NL, PEM–HVS-2, PEM–HVS-4,
- High Volume PM10 Sampler Model : PEM–RDS-1, PEM–RDS-1NL, PEM–RDS-2, PEM–RDS-4, PEM–RDS-4NL, PEM–RDS-5, PEM–RDS-6, PEM–RDS-6NL, PEM–RDS-7, PEM–RDS-8
- Low Flow PM10 Sampler Model : PEM-LFAS-10/2.5
- Ambient Fine Dust Sampler Model : PEM-ADS 2.5/10