Method 2 : Determination of Stack Gas Velocity and Volumetric Flow Rate (Type S Pitot Tube)
This method pertains to the determination of average gas velocity in a stack. The average velocity is determined from the gas density and from measurement of the average velocity head with a Type S (Stausscheibe or reverse type) pitot tube.
Implementation of this method requires the following equipment
- Type S Pitot Tube made of made of metal tubing (e.g., stainless steel) of recommended external tubing diameter between 0.48 and 0.95 cm (3⁄16 and 3⁄8 inch) and with a known coefficient.
- Pitot differential pressure measurement system
- Absolute Stack temperature measurement System
- Stack absolute pressure measurement system
- Gas Density Determination Equipment to determine the stack gas dry molecular weight (Method 3 equipment)
- Moisture determination equipment (Method 4 or Method 5 Equipment)
Our Stack Monitoring Kits / Systems include all the equipment required for implementation of Method 2 and much more.